ESO is proud to announce the Call for Venue nominations for the 2021 European Stroke Organisation Conference (ESOC). Choosing a venue for a future conference has political, financial and logistical implications and hence requires careful consideration. ESO has created a process, applying democratic principles and transparency. ESO cordially invites venue nominations from ESO members in good standing for consideration by the Conference Planning Group and the Executive Committee.
ESO has established a rotation principle for conference venues. The rotation should be from a north-western venue (Glasgow 2015); via a southern venue (Barcelona 2016); to a central or eastern venue (Prague 2017); returning to the northwest (Gothenburg 2018), a southern venue (Milano 2019), and a central or eastern venue (Vienna 2020), etc.
In accordance with the established regional rotation, venue proposals for ESOC 2021 should focus on north-western European cities. Where feasible, more than one venue will be considered in each city. The nomination should come from a national or regional neurological or stroke society, and not from a conference venue. Below you will find an overview of requirements for ESOC 2021, and for the nomination itself.
Nominations should be sent to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your nominations by 15 September 2018.
Once we have received your nominations the Executive Committee will discuss all nominations and can propose independently up to 3 cities which then will be discussed with the PCO in light of available dates, competing conferences, etc. Finally, a short list will be determined and cities then will be asked to submit a full bid.
Bart van der Worp Urs Fischer Eivind Berge
President Secretary General Chair Board of Directors
ESOC 2021 Venue Requirements
- City: City in a secure and politically stable north-western European country. The city should be well accessible (especially by plane) and have a good public transportation system.
- Meeting month: May
- Length of meeting: 3 days (plus 2 days pre-conference setup and possibly 1 day post conference for dismantling)
- Size: approximately 5,000 persons
Definition of north-western Europe
Iceland; Ireland; UK; Norway; Sweden; Finland; Denmark; Germany; the Netherlands; Belgium; Luxembourg; France (northern half); Switzerland.
Nominations should include the following:
- Why should your national or regional society host ESOC 2021? Please present a summary (max. 250 words)
- Why should the city be chosen? Please present a summary (max. 1 page)
- Support of the city Does the city provide any grants or other benefits to the society?
- Information about congress centre
- Lecture rooms capacities, exhibition and poster space,
- floor plans, facilities/services available,
- location within the city
- 2 possible dates in the required month
- Detailed breakdown of venues costs
- Costs of congress venue for the full duration of the meeting
- Cost of AV required for the lecture rooms
- Services included in the total price
- Average prices for economy flights from Europe and US to/from host city.
- Transportation within the city (access to the congress centre from the airport and the city centre)
- Hotel capacity within the city (including breakdown of categories)
- Hotel price range (e.g. 4*: € 120.00-200.00)
- General Information
- Contact person(s)