DEPARTMENT TO DEPARTMENT – TF4UKR EDITION
This year, the ESO Task Force for Ukraine has developed a special edition of the Department to Department programme for Ukrainian physicians.
The ESO Ukraine Department to Department Visit Programme is a grant of €1,500 offered to up to 10 Ukrainian physicians and researchers to support a short visit of 1-2 weeks, or as a contribution to a longer visit to a European Stroke Unit.
The programme provides support to young Ukrainian physicians and researchers for visiting stroke departments outside of Ukraine. These experiences can play an important role in their careers by establishing contact with people and departments who may provide future research and job opportunities.
Primary aim is to improve stroke care in Ukraine by increasing knowledge in the stroke treatment chain. The observer will acquire knowledge on stroke care ranging from prehospital to rehabilitation, including the importance of building multidisciplinary teams. Secondary aim is to promote “stroke mentors” from the hosting institution.
Awardees are expected to send a report after completion of their visit to be posted on the ESO blog and newsletter, and to acknowledge ESO in scientific work that results from the stay.
The application period is now open for 2023 visits.
Deadline: 2 December 2022
Who should apply?
- Ukrainian physicians or researchers with an interest in the field of stroke.
- Applicants must be ESO members, however, ESO membership is free for Ukrainian colleagues. The application is available here.
How to apply?
Interested applicants are requested to complete and submit the following documents all together:
- ESO D2D Application Form – TF4UKR Edition
- Invitation letter from Head of the Department/Institution where you want to visit (Host Institution)
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor or head of your department
- Personal letter of motivation (1/2 page)
- CV in English (1-2 pages)
- Copy of national identity card/passport
If you require assistance to establish contact with an institution, please contact Prof. Else Charlotte Sandset by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted to the ESO Secretariat by email to email@example.com by 2 December 2022.
For any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org