Become an ESO Member and take your participation in stroke science to the next level!
ESO represents over 20’400 members. Become a part of the ESO community today!
ESO Membership Benefits
- Subscription to the European Stroke Journal
- Access to ESO online educational material
- Apply for ESO scholarships (ESO Research Stipend, EU Master in Stroke Medicine, Department-to-Department Visiting Programme)
- Possibility to work on ESO committees
- Joint membership with WSO for 35 EUR per year
- ESO Fellows: use the title FESO – FESO list
- Member exchange and networking opportunities
- Membership certificate
- Monthly Newsletter
- Voting rights at the ESO General Assembly
- ESO Fellows : participate in the Council of Fellows
- Reduced registration fees for ESOC
- Fee reductions for ESO meetings
- Special mailings
|Individual Membership||Regular||100||ESO members are typically stroke physicians, researchers, allied health professionals, and industry representatives|
|Reduced I||25||For members residing in a country designated by the World Bank rating as a low-income or a lower-middle-income economy|
|Reduced II||50||For members residing in a country designated by the World Bank rating as a upper-middle-income economy.|
|Junior Member||Free||For members not older than 35 in the year of application and must have participated in ONE of the following; ESOC, Stroke Winter or Summer School; or European Master in Stroke Medicine.|
|ESO Fellow||150||Fellows must be nominated based on a demonstrated scientific quality and willingness to be active in ESO.|
|Organisational Membership||Regular||500||National organisations associated with the stroke domain.
Associate membership is offered to the members of an ESO Organisational member at no cost with the benefit of the ESO Newsletter.
Associate Members receive a reduction of 50 EUR on individual membership.
|Reduced||Free/250||For members residing in a country designated by the World Bank rating as a low-income or a lower-middle-income economy, first year is free and each additional year is 250 EUR|
Become a regular joint member of the ESO/WSO for only additional 35 EUR! Click here to view the WSO membership benefits.
*For more details on membership reductions, please click here.
ESO offers an annual membership. ESO members are stroke physicians, researchers, allied health professionals, and industry representatives. ESO is a young, dynamic organisation which strives to meet the needs of its members.
For details on membership reductions, please click here.
The ESO Junior membership applies to members who are not older than 35 in the year of application and must have participated in ONE of the following:
- Stroke Winter or Summer School
- European Master in Stroke Medicine
Make sure to upload all the required documents when registering online.
In addition to the standard ESO membership benefits, ESO Fellows benefit from a higher profile and more active membership in ESO.
Fellowship benefits include:
- Listed as an ESO Fellow on the ESO website
- Invited to participate in the Council of Fellows
- Entitled to use the FESO designation
- Included in annual Fellow distribution of ESO Fellow list – new benefit
Application: Current fellows can nominate members who meet the qualifications for membership as ESO Fellows.
Should you wish to apply individually without a prior nomination, the minimum requirements are:
A) Demonstrated scientific quality
- At least five publications on stroke or cerebrovascular diseases in international journals with peer-review with an impact factor > 2 (all credited authors are eligible)
- Active and sustained support of ESO Conferences.
- Nomination by a current Fellow – (please find the Fellow member list here); and
B) Willingness to actively volunteer in ESO
- Committees and/or
- ESOC teaching courses (provide topics of expertise)and/or
- ESO Stroke Summer or Winter School (provide topics of expertise)and/or
- The country of origin or as an ESO “ambassador”
(only applies if the applicant has currently any role or is a member of a stroke society, or other official, professional or lay organisation related to stroke/CVD).
All nominations by ESO Fellows as well as new application documents need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details on membership reductions, please click here.
National organisations associated with the stroke domain are cordially invited to apply for ESO organisational membership. The yearly fee is 500 EUR* and the following benefits are included:
- Your members are offered ESO Associate membership for free which includes the benefit of receiving the ESO newsletter. If your members join ESO as regular members, they receive a reduction of 50 EUR on the ESO Individual membership fee and they have the possibility to become member of the WSO at a reduced fee of 35 EUR
- Certificate of membership
- Support of educational activities
- Free use of ESO educational material
- Possibility of joint projects
- Free web link
- Participation at the ESO General Assembly with one vote
Please click here to view a list of national stroke organisations who are current members of ESO.
*Reduced Organisational membership fee for organisations in World Bank designated low-income countries and lower-middle-income countries: First year free of charge, following years 250 EUR per year.
Membership Fee Reductions – Regular and Fellow Membership
Low-Income and Lower-Middle-Income Countries – Reduction of EUR 75
For members residing in a country designated by the World Bank rating as a low-income or a lower-middle-income economy, the dues for membership will be reduced to 25 EUR per year for the regular ESO membership / 75 EUR for the ESO Fellow membership. Is your country on the list? This reduction can not be cumulated with the reduction of being a member of an ESO organisational member.
Upper-Middle-Income Countries – Reduction of EUR 50
For members residing in a country designated by the World Bank rating as a upper-middle-income economy, the dues for membership will be reduced to 50 EUR per year for the regular ESO membership / 100 EUR for the ESO Fellow membership. Is your country on the list? This reduction can not be cumulated with the reduction of being a member of an ESO organisational member.
Members of ESO Organisational Members (National Organisations)
Applicants who are members of a national organisation that is an Organisational Member of the ESO are eligible to receive a reduction of 50 EUR on their membership fee. Please click here to view a list of national organisations which are members of ESO. This reduction does not apply to junior members or members of a low-income and lower-middle-income country.
ESO/WSO Joint Membership
As an active member of the ESO you can automatically become a member of the WSO for only additional 35 EUR per year. Please see the membership application form for more information.
Membership Fee Reductions – Organisational Membership
Organisational members from low-income and lower-middle-income economies will be offered a free of charge first year of membership. From the second year on the membership fee will be 250 EUR per year. Please click here to view a list of low-income or lower-middle-income economies.
If you have any questions about ESO membership please contact the ESO Head Office:
European Stroke Organisation (ESO)
4002 Basel / Switzerland
Phone +41 61 686 77 76
Fax +41 61 690 9421