Nurses and AHP Staff Invited to Local Symposium at ESOC Gothenburg
Fundamentals of Stroke Care
Friday, 18 May 2018, 14:15 – 15:30 (Hall E1 + 2)
The ESOC 2018 Allied Health Care Subcommittee has organised this Symposium as a joint meeting with ESO’s Angels Initiative, aimed at (primarily local) Nursing and AHP staff. Conference registration is not required to participate in this free symposium.
A reception afterwards and networking opportunities for delegates will be provided.
International experts will share approaches to Acute Stroke Triage and Treatment, Neurological/Physiological Monitoring; Swallowing screening, assessment and management; Preventing complications, Preventing and treating mood problems
Convenor: Dame Caroline Watkins, Professor of Stroke and Older People‘s Care,
University of Central Lancashire, UK
- Acute stroke triage & treatment, Sandy Middleton (Australia)
- Neurological/Physiological Monitoring, Bent Indredavik (Norway)
- Swallowing screening, assessment & management, Michaela Trapl (Austria)
- Preventing complications, Peter Langhorne (UK)
- Identifying, preventing & treating mood problems, Jannecke de Man (The Netherlands)
- Nursing care in thrombolysis, Gert Messchendorp (The Netherlands)
While there is no cost to attend this symposium, pre-registration is required to ensure access to the venue. Please send an email to CLWatkins@uclan.ac.uk to reserve your place in the symposium as soon as possible.
Supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Boehringer Ingelheim