Call for applications open until 2 December 2022
The ESO Ukraine Department to Department Visit Programme is a grant of EUR 1,500 offered to up to 10 Ukrainian physicians and researchers to support a short visit of 1-2 weeks, or as a contribution to a longer visit to a European Stroke Unit.
The programme provides support to Ukrainian physicians and researchers for visiting stroke departments outside of Ukraine.
The primary aim is to improve stroke care and research in Ukraine through increasing knowledge in the stroke treatment chain. The observer will acquire knowledge on stroke care ranging from prehospital to rehabilitation, including the importance of building multidisciplinary teams. Secondary aim is to promote “stroke mentors” from the hosting institution.
Awardees are expected to send a report after completion of their visit to be posted on the ESO blog and newsletter, and to acknowledge ESO in scientific work that results from the stay.
Who Should Apply?
Ukrainian physicians or researchers, with an interest in the field of stroke.
Applicants must be ESO members (provided to all Ukrainian citizens here )
How to Apply
The application deadline for the TF4UKR Department to Department Visiting Programme is 2 December 2022.
Interested applicants are requested to complete the application form and submit together with the following documents:
- Invitation letter from Head of the Department/Institution where you want to visit
- Letter of recommendation from the Supervisor or Head of your current department
- Letter of motivation (1/2 page)
- English CV (1-2 pages)
- Copy of your identity card / passport
- If you require assistance to establish contact with an institution, please contact Dr. Else Charlotte Sandset by email at email@example.com.
- Applications must be submitted to the ESO Secretariat by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 December 2022.
- For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
About the ESO Department to Department Visit Programme
The Department to Department Visit Programme aims to provide insight into stroke departments outside the applicant`s home country through a grant of EUR 1,500 offered to up to 10 young physicians and researchers to support a short visit of a week or as a contribution to a longer visit to an European department or laboratory.