Newest ESO Certified Stroke Centre
University Hospital Ostrava – ESO Certified Stroke Centre
ESO is proud to announce the certification of University Hospital Ostrava as the newest addition to the list of ESO Certified Stroke Units and Centres in Europe. According to their website, the University Hospital in Ostrava is the largest state-owned medical facility in the North Moravia. It provides medical care to 1.2 million inhabitants
ESO published recommendations to establish stroke units and stroke centres. In addition, the below pyramid illustrates steps that can be taken to help achieve ESO Certification, including but not limited to working with ANGELS.
Advantages of ESO Certification
- Aims to improve the quality of patient care by reducing variation in clinical processes
- Provides a benchmark for quality of stroke management
- Provides an objective assessment of clinical excellence – based on the “European Stroke Organisation recommendations to establish a stroke unit and stroke centre”
- Creates a loyal, cohesive clinical team
- Promotes a culture of excellence across the organization
- Facilitates marketing, contracting and reimbursement
- Strengthens community confidence in the quality and safety of care, treatment and services
How to Apply for ESO Certification
ESO Certification is open to all European countries. European institutions can fill in detailed information about their own stroke unit or stroke centre on the ESO Certification Platform. The submission will be evaluated by Auditors and will be included in a database, visible in the public section of the website.
For more information visit www.eso-certification.org or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.