There have been many recent advances in stroke care, and the need for us to provide high-quality care for people with stroke is as critical now as ever. We are sure you will find these sessions interesting and exciting during this difficult time where our work, personal, and social lives are so disrupted.
Get a glimpse of the upcoming ESO-WSO Conference by attending viewing the webinar videos.
The major trial results that were presented on 13 May:
- Efficacy of Fluoxetine: A Randomized Controlled Trial in Stroke (Effects) – Erik Lundström (Sweden)
- Assessment of Fluoxetine in Stroke Recovery (Affinity): Results of a Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Randomised Trial – Graeme Hankey (Australia)
- A Randomized Trial of Direct Endovascular Thrombectomy Versus Thrombectomy Preceded by Intravenous Alteplase in Acute Ischemic Stroke – Jianmin Liu (China)
- The Basilar Artery International Collaboration Study (Basics): A Randomized Controlled Trial of Endovascular Therapy in Basilar Artery Occlusion – Wouter Schonewille (Netherlands)
- Ascot Trial: The Effect of Randomisation to Atorvastatin or Placebo, and Amlodipine-based or Beta-blocker-based Regime on 20-year Incidence of Stroke or Dementia – William Whiteley (UK)