This is a hands-on course focused on simulation for training in Neurointervention, offering a 1:1 ratio of simulator to trainee. It covers the main areas of neurointervention, namely, stroke, aneurysm and AVM/AVF endovascular treatment.
- To know the etiology, pathophysiology, imaging diagnosis and prognostic of the most
frequent cerebrovascular diseases
- To know the present state of the art treatment indications for cerebrovascular diseases
- To structure the decision-making process in neurovascular diseases
- To acknowledge the diverse materials and devices available for endovascular treatment of
- To acquire technical skills through simulation for the endovascular treatment of acute
stroke, carotid stenosis, intracranial stenosis, vascular malformations, dural AV fistula, and
- To recognise complications of endovascular treatment and practice the resolution of
complications with the simulator
Residents in their last 2 years of residency in neuroradiology, neurosurgery or neurology, or specialists of neuroradiology, neurosurgery and neurology can be accepted. Provided they have experience with at least diagnostic cerebral angiography, and preferably, therapeutic angiography. Other specialties may be considered on a case by case basis.
More information can be found on the course homepage: https://www.ahed.pt/en/programmes/view/medical-practice-technical-challenges/21-m02-neurovascular-intensive-intervention-course