Stroke Unit and Stroke Centre Certification
ESO is proud to present the ESO Stroke Unit and Stroke Centre Certification Platform for European institutions.
The ESO Certification is now open for all European Countries!
- Aims to improve the quality of patient care by reducing variation in clinical processes – Evaluation by standard established by consensus in ESO and emphasis on clinical practice guidelines help organizations establish a consistent approach to care, reducing the risk of error.
- Provides a benchmark for quality of stroke management – Certification standards help organize and document the stroke. This helps establishing high level of quality, by documenting access to primordial treatment and care in stroke patients.
- Provides an objective assessment of clinical excellence – ESO auditors have significant experience in stroke care, provide expert advice and follow well-defined criteria for evaluation based on the “European Stroke Organisation recommendations to establish a stroke unit and stroke centre”. (Stroke 2013; 44:828-40).
- Creates a loyal, cohesive clinical team – Certification provides an opportunity for staff to develop their skills and knowledge. Achieving certification provides the clinical team with common goals and a concrete validation of their combined efforts
- Promotes a culture of excellence across the organization – Meeting ESO standards is an accomplishment, which certifies that the organization meets the European standard of excellent stroke care.
- Facilitates marketing, contracting and reimbursement – Certification may provide an advantage in a competitive health care marketplace and improve the ability to secure new business.
- Strengthens community confidence in the quality and safety of care, treatment and services – Achieving certification makes a strong statement to the community about an organization’s efforts to provide the highest quality service.
How to Apply?
European institutions can fill in detailed information about their own stroke unit or stroke centre on the ESO Certification Platform. The submission will be evaluated by Auditors and will be included in a database, visible in the public section of the website.