ESO Stroke Summer School
ESO Stroke Summer School
The ESO Stroke Summer School is a flagship event for ESO and a prestigious educational meeting for stroke trainees throughout Europe.
It is organised each year by a team of stroke physicians in an European city. During one week, stroke specialists from Europe provide their expert knowledge to young physicians with a major interest in cerebrovascular diseases.
More information as well as the online application will follow in the Spring of 2019 on our website.
Please note that the ESO Summer School is on application only and participation is limited.
The next ESO Stroke Summer School will take place in Helsinki, Finland 2019. More information as well as the online application will follow in the Spring of 2019 on our website.
Future Summer Schools
2019 Helsinki, Finland
2020 Caen, France
We are confident that these hosts will maintain the very high standard set by previous ESO Summer Schools.
Who should apply?
- Young stroke physicians or researchers with a major interest in cerebrovascular diseases
- Applicants should currently be in training in an European teaching hospital that treats acute stroke patients
- Candidates up to and including the age of 45
- Candidate should be fluent in English
The ESO Summer School usually bears costs of accommodation, meals, coffee breaks and the social programme for participants and speakers. Participants cover their travel expenses, the dinners outside the usual programme and any personal expenses during their stay including telephone and internet costs from the hotel. Accompanying persons are not permitted.
How to apply?
Interested applicants are requested to complete the application form (click here) and submit together with the following documents:
- Application form (letter of motivation, CV (max. 2 pages), two letters of recommendation)
- Maximum two applicants per country and one applicant per site will be accepted
- If there are still places available, applicants from non-European countries will be considered
- All applicants are expected to be ESO members or to have applied for ESO membership
Summer School Reports
ESO Stroke Summer School 2017, Larissa, Greece
ESO Stroke Summer School 2016, Madrid, Spain
ESO Stroke Summer School 2015, Hradec Kralove, Czeck Republic
ESO Stroke Summer School 2014, Glasgow, Scotland/UK
ESO Stroke Summer School 2013, Perugia, Italy
ESO Stroke Summer School 2012, Debrecen, Hungary
ESO Stroke Summer School 2011, Mannheim Heidelberg
ESO Stroke Summer School 2010, Warsaw
ESO Stroke Summer School 2009, Lille
ESO Stroke Summer School 2008, Lausanne
ESO Stroke Summer School 2007, Barcelona
EUSI Stroke Summer School 2006, Cambridge
ESO Stroke Summer School 2005, Sweden
EUSI Stroke Summer School 2004, Krems
Summer School Website Archive
22nd ESO Stroke Summer School, September 2018, Berlin, Germany
21st ESO Stroke Summer School, September 2017, Larissa, Greece
20th ESO Stroke Summer School, July 2016, Madrid, Spain
18th ESO Stroke Summer School, August 2014, Glasgow, Scotland/United Kingdom
16th ESO Stroke Summer School, June 2012, Debrecen, Hungary
8th EUSI Stroke Summer School, September 2004, Krems, Austria