During ESOC “2017”, ESO will present the first-part results from the ESO ESMINT EAN SAFE Survey on Stroke Care in Europe.
These results will be presented by Diana de Aguiar Dias de Sousa during Session 14: “Thrombectomy in Practice” to be held on 17 May, from 10:30 – 12:00.
The successful completion of the survey was due to the diligence of the ESO ESMINT EAN SAFE stroke task force which is led by our General Secretary, Prof. Urs Fischer from Berne, in cooperation with European National leaders who provided their data on acute stroke treatment.
Highlights and key findings of the survey include:
- First systematic approach to quantifying stroke care in European countries
- All major European Countries responded
- Collaboration of a wide network of national organisations
- Considerable inequalities in stroke care still exist in Europe
- Full coverage by comprehensive stroke units is not available in large areas
- IVT and EVT is still not a routine procedure in several regions