To all ESO Members
ESO is proud to announce the Call for Venue nominations for the 2022 and 2023 European Stroke Organisation Conferences (ESOC). Choosing a venue for a future conference has political, financial and logistical implications and hence requires careful consideration. ESO has created a process, applying democratic principles and transparency. ESO cordially invites venue nominations from ESO members in good standing for consideration by the Conference Planning Group and the Executive Committee.
The selection of ESO Conference venues is based on rotation around Europe. Given the rapid growth of the conference, ESO will make every effort to rotate evenly but logistical aspects and strategical aspects will increasingly be taken into consideration.
In line with the above, venue proposals for ESOC 2022 should focus on a southern European city and proposals for ESOC 2023 on an eastern / central European city.
The nomination should come from a national or regional neurological or stroke society, and not from a conference venue. Below you will find an overview of requirements for ESOC 2022 and 2023, and for the nomination itself.
We look forward to receiving your nominations in the form of a full and final bid by 15 November 2019.
Once we have received your nominations the Executive Committee will discuss all nominations and can propose an additional three cities, which then will be discussed with the Professional Conference Organisers (PCO) in light of available dates, competing conferences, etc. Finally, a shortlist will be determined, partly based on additional information collected by the PCO.
|Bart van der Worp||Else Charlotte Sandset||Eivind Berge|
|President||Secretary General||Chair Board of Directors|
ESOC 2022 & ESOC 2023 Venue Requirements
- City: City in a secure and politically stable southern / central, eastern European country. The city should be well accessible (especially by train or plane) and have a good public transportation system.
- Meeting month: May
- Length of meeting: 3 days (plus 2 days pre-conference setup and possibly 1 day post conference for dismantling), usually Wednesday – Friday
- Size: approximately 6,500 persons
Nominations should include the following:
- Why should your national or regional society host ESOC 2022 or ESOC 2023?
- Please present a summary (max. 250 words)
- Why should the city be chosen?
- Please present a summary (max. 1 page)
- Support of the city
- Does the city provide any grants or other benefits to the society?
- Information about congress centre:
- Plenary Hall with a minimum capacity of 3,000 seats
- A min. of 8 break out halls with a minimum capacity of 200 seats
- Exhibition space of at least 8,000 sqm
- Poster space (at least 1,500 m2)
- Overview of additional meeting rooms & areas
(registration, catering, speaker room, office space, etc).
- Floor plans
- Facilities/services available
- Catering options
- Location within the city
- 2 possible dates in the required month
- Possibilities for travel to the host city by train.
- Average prices for economy flights from Europe, USA, Asia and Australia to/from host city.
- Transportation within the city (access to the congress centre from the airport and the city centre)
- Hotel capacity within the city (including breakdown of categories)
- Hotel price range (e.g. 4*: € 120.00-200.00)
- General Information
- Contact person(s)