ESO Young Stroke Physicians and Researchers Committee
The mission of the ESO Young Stroke Physicians and Researchers (YSPR) Committee is to promote the role of young stroke physicians and researchers within the ESO and in the field of stroke, particularly for clinical, research, and career purposes.
YSPR is run by young ESO members approved by the ESO Executive Committee. It is composed of a chair and currently 9 members.
(1) Education and Research Advancement
- Promotion of the participation of young stroke physicians and researchers within ESO and local organisations. We emphasize on the inclusion of YSPR in all ESO activities such the programme committees of conferences and other organisational activities. This is an important learning arena for the future leaders in stroke. Also, YSPR can contribute with a different view and promote innovation.
- Promotion of the participation in stroke science workshops and conferences with a reduced registration fee, such as the ESO Stroke Science Workshop (Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany). This workshop provides young stroke physicians and researchers the opportunity to meet opinion leaders in stroke and other colleagues. It promotes stroke knowledge, inspiration and the start of network building.
- Promotion of research grants within ESO for juniors interested in stroke research, emphasizing ESO’s role in supporting talented young stroke physicians, in developing optimal research ideas, and in education of future stroke leaders.
- Identification and implementation of valuable educational means, including ESO Stroke Summer School, ESO-ESMINT-ESNR Winter School, workshops, web-seminars, meetings, social networks, and e-learning.
(2) Training and Career Development
- Organisation of career mentoring workshops and other events at conferences where young stroke physicians and researchers have opportunities to attend lectures of their interest by the most important worldwide stroke leaders, and present and discuss their own proposals for new studies. Thus, these workshops serve as a platform for dialogue between young enthusiastic stroke physicians and current stroke leaders.
- Promotion of international long-term mentoring activities of stroke leaders for helping young stroke physicians and early career scientists to develop their professional career also by increasing international cooperation in the stroke research field.
- Promotion of the ESO Department-to-Department Visiting Programme, which supports international exchange of information and expertise on clinical and research aspects of stroke. It also creates helpful networks for job opportunities and career development.
- Information about existing research or clinical fellowship opportunities and job market databases.
(3) Communication and Networking
- Sharing interesting topics by updating ESO Blog – The Voice of Stroke in Europe.
- Collaboration with the European Stroke Journal to promote the inclusion and recognition of young stroke physicians and researchers.
- Actively promote ESO and ESO related activities on social media.
- Increase the number of ESO Young Stroke Physician and Researchers members in order to implement the overall networking and promote more strongly our objectives within ESO.
Diana Aguiar de Sousa (Chair), Portugal
Barbara Casolla, France
Johannes Kaesmacher, Switzerland
Linxin Li, United Kingdom
Inna Lutsenko, Kyrgyzstan
Nicolas Martinez Majander, Finland
Tom Moullaali, United Kingdom
Giuseppe Reale, Italy
Antje Schmidt, Germany
Peter Vanacker, Belgium